Its origins in the city of Porto in the late eighteenth century, Casa Leitão & Irmão became the epitome of Jewellery on being appointed Goldsmith of the Imperial House of Brazil in 1873 and Jewellers of the Portuguese Crown in 1887.
The appointment as Jewellers of the Portuguese Crown led Casa Leitão from Porto to Lisbon to be near the Court, where it set up a “modern” goldsmithery. It has been in operation to this day.
With shops in the Chiado and Bairro Alto districts of Lisbon and at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz, Casa Leitão is renowned for the character and quality of its Portuguese jewellery and goldsmithery. It has maintained the traditional manufacturing processes, which are constantly updated, using the most modern techniques of design and manufacture.
It is also noted for the manufacture of tailor-made, personalised pieces, including engagement rings, jewellery, cutlery, tableware and other articles, as well as their maintenance and restoration.
These services, carried out by the workshop’s team of professionals whose knowledge is handed down from generation to generation each with their own character, are the distinguishing factor of Casa Leitão.